Last Updated on
Strength training is extremely debilitating for any athlete. Sometimes due to lack of motivation or stimulation of the body at the psychological level, this or that weight is not given. For stimulation, various means are used: starting from a cup of coffee half an hour before training, and ending with the reception of fat burners, which increase the athlete’s energy potential. But the best way to increase before workout productivity is to use pre-training complex. What is this “beast”? Is he worth his money? How safe is it and most importantly how to take the pre-training complex?
The creation of pre-training complexes goes in the era of maximum stimulation of bodybuilders. So, back in the golden age, textbooks offered before the training to use tablets of benzoate caffeine, and sometimes even nicotine. Stimulation of the cardiac muscle allowed to significantly increase the productivity and mood during training.
But the first real pre-training complex was introduced to the market only in 2004. It was “Ultimate orange” – a product combining vitamin C in large quantities, mixed with pure ephedrine, read the article about carbohydrates.
Note: today such pre-items are no longer produced due to their high danger and because of the complete ban on pure ephedrine for consumption, production and distribution in many countries. According to the manufacturer’s statement – it was a drug that really contributed to a short-term increase in strength and stimulated the mood in training.
So, what is pre-training? In fact – it’s an energy drink that increases the endurance of muscle tissue and improves the athlete’s mood. What does it allow?
- Adjust to the correct training mode.
- Less to feel the consequences of the accumulation of lactic acid;
- Do more work.
- Improve the condition of the central nervous system for the duration of the workout.
- Increase the intensity of the neuromuscular synapse for a short period.
What is the difference between a pre-teaser and a geranium, from the average energy drink sold in any supermarket?
- Danger. Overdose energy is less dangerous than overdose pre-training complex.
- Intensity of exposure. If the main task of the power engineer is not to let you fall asleep and improve your mood, then the task of the preteen will increase the intensity of the training at any cost.
Interesting fact: pre-training is not forbidden to use at most competitions (except for the Olympic Games), but they do not give a significant increase in real muscle capacity. In many ways, their result is the removal of the psychological barrier and adrenaline stimulation, which allows you to conduct more work during the training. The downside of this fact is that, like any energy drink, the pre-teens have a “rollback” phase, when after the end of the drug, the athlete feels completely exhausted.
Pros and cons
Before deciding to take a pre-exercise, remember that, unlike other components of sports nutrition, it is not necessary for constant progress. World powerlifting and bodybuilding stars have successfully trained without him, sometimes only stimulating themselves with caffeine.
|Benefit from the use of pre-training complexes||Proven harm|
|Temporarily increases the intensity of neuromuscular communication||Under the influence of intensive stimulation, part of the neuronal synapses is destroyed|
|Adjusts to the training process||There is a rollback effect|
|Allows you to significantly increase the amount of work due to the components included in it||The increase in work is mainly based on psychological and non-physical stimulation|
|Has an intense fat burning effect||Can cause chronic insomnia|
|Helps to overcome the psychological plateau||May result in overtraining|
|Increases the pamp effect from exercise||Addictive|
From this, a simple conclusion follows. Pre-training complex – as well as energy drinks are harmful for long-term use. The destruction of neuromuscular synapses leads to worse results in the future, and side effects can create an unpleasant post effect from the training itself.
The composition of modern pre-training complexes
Note: from manufacturer to manufacturer, the composition of the product may vary. We only describe the general principles of the formation of pre-training complexes with an explanation of the impact of these or other components.
|Component||Effects on the body|
|ephedrine||A powerful thermogenic, and an adrenaline stimulator. It is a serious energetic, which is several times stronger than caffeine in efficiency.|
|Carnitine||A transport amino acid, which is a lipotropic, and allows you to get more energy by burning fat during exercise.|
|Creatine||It is a powerful amino acid that causes an increase in endurance and creates a pumping effect.|
|Arginine||Amino acid causing serious pumping.|
|Geranium (DMAA)||A powerful psychotropic energy product that affects the central nervous system, optimizing the work of neuromuscular synapses.|
|Beta Alanine||Adaptogen and sedative, acting as a stabilizer of the reaction with ephedrine and DMAA, allowing to reduce the likelihood of side effects.|
|Caffeine||Energy component with lipotropic and thermogenic effect.|
|L-tyrazine||Amino acid, which accelerates the conversion of glycogen into sugar in the blood with serious physical exertion.|
|Ginseng||A powerful energy adaptogen with a good pamp effect.|
|bible||The amino acid stabilizing reaction is a CNS stimulator that blocks norepinephrine receptors.|
|Citrulline||A powerful adaptogen.|
Cautions and side effects
Before taking pre-exercise – it is worth to read the instructions and dosages:
- Do not use the full dosage. If you want to get an effect and reduce the likelihood of complications, you need to independently identify the sensitivity threshold to the components. You can start with the ¼th of the recommended dosage in the drug.
- Do not combine drugs from different categories. The simplest example is-ephedrine neutralizes the effect of No-xplode, reducing the effectiveness of the latter.
- If you are worried about insomnia, it is recommended that you stop taking preexisting patients, or use medications based on melatonin. Only with the permission of the doctor!
- Do not use pre-exercise on days without training.
Pre-admission can cause the following side effects:
- Increase in blood pressure.
Recommendations for use
Editor’s note: We do not recommend the use of pre-training complexes, anabolic steroids and antiasthmatics. All these groups of drugs, one way or another, are considered doping, can lead to health problems. Information about the patterns of use is provided for informational purposes.
How to take a pre-training complex so as not to damage your health and achieve maximum effectiveness during the training process?
- When taking pre-training complexes, adjust the training time. Best if training takes place in the morning. Then the risk of insomnia is reduced, tk. by evening the concentration of the drug is reduced during this time.
- Deviate from the plan from the training diary by no more than 20%. Even if it seems to you that you are full of strength and energy, a serious overload of the body can lead to overtraining and a serious rollback in the strength indicators.
- Take breaks between the chickens receiving pre-training complex for at least one month. To most components, the body develops tolerance, which reduces the utility of pre-exercise and increases the risk of side effects.
- Do not combine pre-exercise with fat-burning complexes. Dangerous for the heart!
No-xplode vs Jack3D
Despite the more abundance of modern pre-training complexes, there is still a major dispute between the best pre-students:
Consider which of them is the safer, and more stimulating for a more pro-active training.
Note: considering Jack3d, first of all there is a classic composition, which included geranium and extract of ephedrine. Today such a composition has an analog from another company OldJack. Modern Jack3d because of recipe and composition changes, seriously loses by more detailed comparison.
|Contains geranium and ephedrine||Does not lead to overtraining|
|Has impulsive effect of influence||A longer period of absorption of substances into the blood|
|There is a side effect, in the form of increased aggression at the time of peak concentration in the blood.||There are no dangerous components|
|Leads to chronic insomnia||The effect of pumping is created due to the presence of creatine with the delivery system|
|Has a serious “rollback”||Has less rollback effect|
|Seriously increases efficiency.||Does not allow to break through the power plateau|
|No pumping effect||Has a more serious fat burning effect.|
Considering both classical formulas of the best pre-training complex, we can talk about their different purposes. If you need an extremely intense training, when you are very tired and not able to put on full, then the best choice will be Jack3d. If you are targeting a less intensive stimulation without the effect of pullback and the risk of overtraining, it’s best to use No-xplode. In addition, the creatine found in the composition strongly intensifies the pamp effect, which is especially important in the training of energy systems or in the early stages of drying.
Geranium and ephedrine
At a certain stage of its existence, almost all the pre-training complexes consisted of two main components:
Geranium provided a serious psychological stimulation, causing the removal of barriers and allowing the muscles to work in the regime of extreme exhaustion. It was very useful for overcoming power barriers. A side effect of taking geraniums was serious physical and mental exhaustion, which led to the emergence of the dependence of the central nervous system on DMAA.
As for ephedrine, it is still considered one of the most powerful thermogenics, which translated the body almost completely into fatty fuel, which allowed it to work really harder. Because The reserves of glycogen were depleted much later. The reverse side of such productivity was a serious depletion of all systems in the body, and an increase in the load on the cardiovascular system.
Both drugs were eventually banned for use in any form for the following reasons:
- Geranium caused a serious psychological and physical dependence, which could be compared with the effect of taking amphetamines, due to frequent outbreaks of unjustified aggression, DMAA was completely excluded from the US pre-training complexes.
- As for ephedrine, despite its “relative safety”, it was excluded because of the possibility to boil a “screw” out of it – a powerful narcotic drug that causes serious dependence. Instead, today in pre-training complexes are used extracts of ephedrine, which are practically not inferior to it in effectiveness, but exclude the risk of drug dependence.
In the end I would like to remind you that despite the fact that pre-training complex is not considered doping, it is still not worth using them without extreme necessity. Some of the components are banned by the FDA and can jeopardize your entire athletic career. Well, the most important thing is that you can and should train without pre-training complex. In fact, they do not increase your strength or endurance, they only allow you to remove the fatigue effect accumulated over the day.
At the same time, the threat of uncontrolled use of pre-exercise remains very palpable, like any power engineer, a pre-student sits your heart, stomach and kidneys. And as for the auxiliary components (carnitine, creatine, arginine, etc.), it is better to take them separately. It will be both more effective and safer.