Last Updated on
Step aerobics is a kind of cardio training based on simple choreographic exercises and movements that are performed on a step-platform. This direction is very popular among the fair sex, it helps to lose weight and support the body in tone. There are classes in the group or you can practice at home. All movements are performed under rhythmic, winding music, which allows you to make the training fun and get a charge of explosive energy and vivacity.
What is step-aerobics, what are its advantages and disadvantages?
Advantages and disadvantages
Step aerobics has a number of advantages and disadvantages. This should be taken into account when deciding whether to attend classes of this kind. Read the article about how to get rid of fat from the buttocks.
Advantages of practicing step aerobics:
- Highly effective cardio, which allows you to burn fat and lose weight. An hour of intense cardio allows you to get rid of at least 500 kcal.
- Training allows you to effectively work the lower body, which is problematic for many women. Classes on the step help tighten the buttocks and make the thighs more slender.
- This kind of training is safe and very effective.
- Regular sessions can reduce the risk of atherosclerosis and osteoporosis. Additionally, training prevents the development of obesity, stroke, cardiovascular diseases and metabolic disorders. Such training is indispensable for people who lead a passive lifestyle or have a sedentary job.
- Step aerobics is a cardio that trains the heart muscle, improves blood circulation and increases stamina. This improves the quality of life, improves coordination and helps maintain balance. In addition, such training trains breathing, the central nervous system and strengthens muscles.
- You can train at home, it’s enough to buy a step-platform and find some free time.
It is important to take into account the other side of the coin. First of all, classes involve learning certain ligaments and combinations of movements. It takes time to learn the sequence of steps. In the first classes, as a rule, beginners do not have time for a fitness trainer, which results in a feeling of insecurity, complexes, and many abandon this venture before they start.
In the presence of injuries or diseases of the musculoskeletal system, such training can be dangerous to health and increase the risk of injury.
At the same time, the advantage and disadvantage is that the bottom part of the body basically works. At the same time, the top is left unattended, so additional exercises are required, which will help to work the hands, chest, back and press.
Benefits and contraindications
The benefits of step aerobics are invaluable. First of all, such exercises help to lose weight, prevent the appearance of fat deposits and support the body in tone. Cardio increases physical strength and stamina, which helps in everyday life. These kinds of exercises improve the functioning of the cardiovascular system and strengthen the blood vessels. In addition, such trainings give a charge of positive emotions, improve mood and stabilize the psychoemotional state.
Despite all the advantages and benefits, step aerobics has a number of contraindications, which must be taken into account when going to class. This type of training is not suitable for people with joints, musculoskeletal system of the cardio-vascular system, varicose veins, high blood pressure and a lot of excess weight. In addition, it is not necessaryengage in step-aerobics during pregnancy and the first few months after childbirth. To avoid health problems and complications, consult a physician before starting a workout.
Basic principles of step aerobics
In order to get the most out of the class, the basic principles of training should be observed:
- You can start training only after a preliminary consultation with your doctor. This will determine the presence of contraindications and avoid complications.
- For classes, you will need comfortable sportswear and shoes. Preference is to give the sneakers with a non-slip sole, elk and top. Free-cut pants can interfere with exercise and increase the risk of injury.
- Carry out training in a well-ventilated area.
- During the training, the optimal water balance should be maintained. To do this, you must drink clean water before classes and in minimum quantities during cardio.
- Beginning training should be preceded by a warm-up, which will prepare the body for more serious stresses.
- Beginners are advised to choose a program easier, where in the bundle there will be no more than 3 steps. This will allow you to quickly enter the rhythm, understand the principle of training and easily repeat all the movements for the coach, not lagging behind and not getting lost.
- The duration of the training is 1 hour. The intensity of the load is constantly increasing from the beginning of the training to its completion. To conduct training should be 3 times a week.
As a rest, walking is used on the spot. This kind of recovery will help normalize breathing, relieve tension and relax a little.
Step aerobics is a high-intensity cardio that helps to lose weight, maintain the figure in the norm and stabilize the psycho-emotional state. To get the desired result, you must follow the basic principles of training and, most importantly, to receive from the class a real pleasure and pleasure.